Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A can't live without!

This is at the top of my list of things I can't live without. I received my KitchenAid 5-Quart Artisan Mixer as a wedding gift 7 years ago.  I registered for it at Bed Bath and Beyond, and because of the price ($299.99) I never thought we'd get it.  I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up on my doorstep! I think it was the best wedding gift we got.  It has gotten a great deal of use (and abuse) over the years, but it keeps on mixin!

I love this mixer for several reasons:

#1. The steel bowl is indestructible. You can drop it on the floor, and won't crack!

#2. The mixing attachments (beater and paddle) are easy to get on and off.

#3. The bowl is stationary and easily locks and unlocks at the base. It won't "fly" off the turntable like my moms old one! 

#4.  It comes in 17 colors! 

Here's another little secret... if you sign up for the Bed Bath and Beyond mailing list, you'll start getting coupons for 20% off one item and $5 off your entire purchase.  If you use your 20% coupon toward the mixer, that brings the price down to $239.99.  What a deal!

If you want something a little more heavy duty, then there is also a KitchenAid ProLine 6-Quart Stand Mixer available for $399.99.
 











They also just came out with a KitchenAid 90th Anniversary Stand Mixer in candy apple red, however it comes with a glass bowl and a $349.99 price tag.  It's pretty to look at, but I think I'll stick with what I have!













Happy mixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment