Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easter Bunny cake... or cupcake cake?

I know what you're thinking, this isn't a cupcake silly woman!  Au contraire!  It was recently suggested that I make my Easter Bunny cake for work, so I was Googling some pictures to post.  This is what I found!  The book is called the Bakers Cut Up Cake Party Book and it was published in 1973 (the year after I was born!).  I had no idea where the cake design originally came from, I just know I've been making it since I was a teenager (yes, it's that easy!).  I also didn't know that there was a full-bodied Easter Bunny cake.  I'm trying to decide which I like better?  These could easily translate into a Easter Bunny cupcake cake as well.  All you'd need to do is lay them out in a similar pattern and then ice it the same way.  I may have to put that to the test!  I love to let my creative juices flow!  In my search I also found an earlier version of the same book that was from 1959 which was titled Baker’s Coconut Cut-Up Cakes.  Even though cake decorating has advanced alot since those books were published, I bet these will still come in super handy when I have children.  Vintage rocks!  eBay here I come!

1959












1973

No comments:

Post a Comment