Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Coconut Cupcakes

I guess you could say this is technically my second adventure in cupcaking, but since it's been several years since I've made any and this is my first blog posting, we'll just say it's my first! I was actually looking for something fun to make for Easter, but when I ran across Ina Garten's (The Barefoot Contessa) recipe for Coconut Cupcakes, I just couldn't wait that long to make them!  Although the ingredient list is extensive (13!) and they were not easy to make by any means, they were well worth the effort.  My husband even claimed they were the best thing I've ever baked and that I could put Camicakes out of business!  WOW!  I wouldn't go that far, but they are damn good! They turned out just perfect.  The cream cheese frosting and the hint of almond took these cupcakes to the next level.  They sort of reminded me of a macaroon.  I think you could even tweak the recipe a little and add some pineapple and voila.. you have a Pina Colada cupcake!  I may have to try that one of these days.  These turned out so good, I'm already planning my next adventure.  Let's just say you might go bananas for them!





No comments:

Post a Comment