Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lordy Lordy, David turned 40!


My husband celebrated his 40th birthday this year, so for months prior I was wracking my brain trying to plan a party for him and come up with a theme. My husband adores video games, cigars and classic cars. (Wow, that rhymed!). To make a long story short, I decided to have his party at a local cigar bar called Island Girl. The next hurdle was trying to figure out what kind of birthday cake to get him. The problem is he hates cake! I wavered back and forth between finding a local bakery to make a cigar shaped cake or come up with an alternative like pie. I thought pie...cigar bar? It just didn't work. I started Googling 40th birthday parties and alot of people were using cupcake stands. Then it hit me! Camicakes! My husband LOVES their Red Velvet cupcakes just as much as I do. The bonus was there was no cutting or mess involved.  Just hand everyone a cupcake!  I found a Wilton Cupcakes 'N More Medium Dessert Stand at Bed Bath and Beyond for $19.99 (and used that $5 off coupon!) that holds 23 cupcakes.  I also found some fun candles at Party City that spelled out "Oh no the big 40". I couldn't have been more pleased with how it turned out and everyone just loved them of course!  I have a feeling that stand is going to get alot of use! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment